- 2 cups water
- 1 star anise
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 drops liquid stevia extract
- Ice cubes (optional)
- In a microwave-safe recipient or a small saucepan, combine the water and star of anise. Bring to a boil in the microwave or on the stovetop. Boil for a few minutes before removing from heat or microwave.
- Add the ground ginger, stir and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the star anise and stir in the lemon juice and liquid stevia extract.
- Enjoy warm immediately or cool completely in the refrigerator in a sealed container before serving with ice cubes. The cooled lemonade can also be reheated later on.